Imagine the possibilities...
We’re here for you!
Become an MVLA Scholar, and we will help you navigate college and prepare for your future. You’ll get financial assistance, your own mentor, career guidance, and a community of support.
Interested in applying to be an MVLA Scholar?
You’ll need to submit an application, your high school transcript, and two letters of recommendation. Eligible applicants must attend either Los Altos High School or Mountain View High School, have high financial need, and a GPA above 2.5. Preference is given to students who are the first generation in their family to go to college.
The Scholars program is part of the Common Scholarship Application shared with the Rotary Club, Kiwanis Club, Mountain View Chamber of Commerce, and Quota Club. You need only complete one application to apply to all of these scholarship groups.
Class of 2021 Scholars have been selected. Applications for the Class of 2022 will be accepted beginning in December 2021.
Questions? Contact us
Already an MVLA Scholar?
Don’t forget to renew your Scholarship annually. The renewal application includes a short essay and information about your studies. Your mentor must also submit a recommendation on your behalf. Renewal applications for 2021/22 are due May 31, 2021.
You should also sign up for a Virtual Summer Renewal Meeting by May 31, 2021.
Renewal Application for Scholars (coming soon)
Renewal Application for Mentors (coming soon)
Looking for an internship to boost your work experience?
Internships are key if you want to land a great job after college. We’re here to help!
Contact us for any of the following:
- Perfect your resume: We will review your resume and offer suggestions to put the best light on your current experience.
- Search for internships: We’ve got leads on many great internships and want to connect you to them!
- Interview prep: Interviewing takes practice. We’ll take you through a mock interview.
Found a great internship that doesn’t pay enough?
We want to make sure you’re able to have amazing internship opportunities. Supplemental Scholarships are available to bridge the funding gap if your employer isn’t able to pay you enough to meet your financial obligations. Here’s what’s required:
- Submit a paragraph with a general description of your internship position to firstname.lastname@example.org. Don’t forget to copy your mentor.
- If your internship fits the criteria, we will instruct you to complete the Internship Proposal Form. This form must be submitted by your work supervisor within two weeks of starting the internship.
- At the completion of your internship, you must submit an Internship Report, and your supervisor must submit the Supervisor Evaluation Form.
- Once the reports have been received and reviewed, your supplemental scholarship check will be awarded.
Apply for the COVID Summer Internships/Supplemental Scholarship program by completing the Independent Study Supplemental Scholarship Proposal Form.
Have questions? Contact us